Wednesday 14 March 2012

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Cupcakes

I was inspired by something I saw on Pinterest and I was feeling a bit adventurous today so I went on a hunt for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and made cupcakes out of them.

What did I use:
- Cake mix
- Eggs
- Butter
- Milk
- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
- Icing sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Peanut butter

Quick breakdown of what I did:
- I used cake mix instead of making the cupcake mixture from scratch. This Reese's Peanut Butter cupcake adventure was a procrastination cooking session and it meant I didn't have enough time to make a cupcake mixture from scratch as I usually do; I was supposed to be studying. Even so, I used milk and butter in place of the water and oil that the cake mix instructions requested.
- With the mix ready I spooned a tablespoon into each cupcake holder and then added the quarters of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups as well as the Reese's Peanut Butter Chips.
- I covered the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and Reese's Peanut Butter Chips with another spoonful of cake mix.
- They went into the oven and I made two icings, a chocolate one and a peanut butter one and layered them in the piping bag.
- After they were done cooling I did simple icing. 
- I think I might try this with Lindt Lindor truffles next.









No comments:

Post a Comment