Wednesday 15 February 2012

Awkward Crying Moments

I was listening to the Grant and Anele Show a while back and they were talking about songs that managed to make people cry. There were not referring to typical tear-inducing songs. In fact, one lady phoned to say:

  • She had lost her job
  • She was quite saddened by her jobless state
  • She turned on the radio and heard, "I Need a Dollar by" Aloe Blacc
  • She cried

I found this extremely funny and spent a good while laughing about it in my car and then carried on laughing when I got home. It was a bit mean but I laughed because I understood. I've also had one of those moments when you cry about something that shouldn't make you cry. So I started asking around to find out if this has happened to anyone else. I went beyond music to include anything. I'll start with my experience first then list the other ones.

Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch 
I realise it is an animation that is supposed to be cute and stupid. I watched this about five years ago while eating dinner with my family. At the time I was going through a rough friendship patch. In this movie Stitch (the blue thing) starts malfunctioning as there is something wrong in his alien bio-robot body. When he malfunctions he breaks things, hurts people and can't control himself.
Photo available here
It reaches the point when Stitch scratches Lilo at her hawaiian dance recital then he proceeds to wreck her special day. Then Lilo leaves because she's had enough.
"Hay...You still mad?"
Photo available here
That scene was what set me off. I actually cried into my dinner, much to the shock of my family. They didn't know what to do. I laugh now but it was bad.
Photo available here
I calmed down for a bit, that level consisted of heavy breathing and wiping my eyes, then Stitch died! And I was off crying again. I left the room after that. Well you know it is a kid's movie so of course they brought a machine to fix him in time and he lived.

Chocolate Mousse
Ashleigh: " I cried once when I came home to find the family all had chocolate mousse for dessert and didn't leave any for me. It was a tough day."
Honey and 21st Speeches
Lisa: "I always cry during 21st speeches. And I always cry at the end dance sequence of Honey."
Photo available here
Snails
Margaret: "Snails. Every time. I've convinced myself that they will and can attack me!"


Need for Speed Undercover
Sumesha: "When I finished Need for Speed Undercover I cried because it was so hard and also because I had no other game to play."
This game induces tears
Photo available here
MTV
Anonymous: "I was watching those two guys on MTV's ad breaks, the South African guys who do short skits, and they pranked Arno Carstens. I cried (after laughing)."
Photo available here
I guess we all have our days. You can share additional stories in the comments if you want to. Otherwise hope this made you laugh!

1 comment:

  1. I cry when I find that I lose friends even though I try my best to keep them.

    ReplyDelete