Monday 5 December 2011

[Insert words about being indecisive about Erase Nothing]

I want to split my blog in two. 
I think it's too haphazard as it is. 
My personal stuff is getting in the way of the entertainment and because of that I've been thinking of what to do. I have three brain trending topics:


a) I don't know what to call the new one 
b) Should I change my blogging platform 
c) Should I bother creating the new blog or should I decide to write for another blog like We-Are-Awesome, Dont Party or I Love P Town.

a) Naming blues
The problem I have with naming the new one is that it has to cover a range of things. Below is the structure of the "new" Erase Nothing vs. the structure of the new blog. You'll see it still covers a wide range of things. Erase Nothing will finally simplified and not as random.


b) Blogging Platforms
The two options are Blogger and Wordpress. I never really considered Tumblr because I write too much and I'm not too keen on the reposting. I really like Blogger because it's convenient. It links to my gmail account and Google+. There is a lot of support for it, it is extremely easy to support multiple Blogspot blogs and all the awesome people seem to have it too, like Vinny from Jersey Shore. Yes, I think he's awesome (shut up). He's the smart one in that bunch.
However, I was checking out Blogger's tab functionality and what irks me is that any tabs you add onto your blog cannot be separate pages. They are static and don't update unless you work on them yourself. I don't think I'm making any sense but someone will understand what I mean. 


Then I checked out Wordpress after discovering this flaw with Blogger and even went as far as to create sleepwhenyouaredead.wordpress.com (this link will probably not work after I deactivate it). I liked that the tabs could update themselves and that there appears to be far more support for Wordpress blogs. However, Erase Nothing has to stay and I don't know if it's worth switching between blogging platforms.


c) Scrap the new blog
This one is hard to do because I don't think I'll like being told what to write about and when. I know that between the three major blogs I mentioned I would get to meet a lot of people and (this is going to sound corny) I wouldn't mind being part of something that reaches thousands of people everyday and in the case of We-Are-Awesome inspires others (me). 


So I don't know. I guess I'll pretend to think about it so I can do nothing. That works for me.