Wednesday 30 November 2011

Dress up like Deadmau5!


Deadmau5 is pronounced "Dead-mouse" not "Dead-maw-5" or "Dead-mauf". He's finally in South Africa and it looks like he's enjoying Cape Town right now, where he is performing tomorrow. I go to Deadmau5 this Saturday! 
I've been so excited for the longest time that he's coming and hearing him on 5FM yesterday was so cool. I've never heard Fresh gush so much on the radio. As the concert draws nearer I've started to consider what I could wear. I should have actually used my engineering skills to build a mask but now it's too late. I do know for a fact that I will wear wedges because they are in fashion and also because they give me a height advantage. I don't care that it's H2O I'm going to. I want to be tall, or taller. I was so angry, incredibly angry, at the Coldplay concert because I couldn't see properly as I had these three extremely tall boys in front of me. At least I have the shoes aspect of my outfit sorted.

This article is actually dedicated to Deadmau5 costumes. Some are fails, as in, “Really?! Bet your face looks more like Deadmau5 then that costume does.” Others are alright but note, there is only one Deadmau5.

Fail Costumes
1.
Courtesy of Bethany (click here)
He has a nose? You blacked out everything except the nose? Why? Only in Vegas.

2. 
Courtesy of Gerry (click here)

Yeah... As for this guy? It's late for you! Don't why you bothered.

Okay Costumes
1.
Courtesy of Costume-Works.com (click here)


You can see that he tried. Proportions are a bit out. The lighting is amazing though.

Courtesy of Coolest-Handmade-Costumes.com (click here)
I can see the masking tape... But alright attempt.

Good
1.
Courtesy of Costume-Works.com (click here)





The fact that he sat in class with it makes him even more bau5!

Many imitations but there is only one Deadmau5
Courtesy of Drew Ressler (click here)


and the inside looks like
Courtesy of Joel Zimmerman a.k.a. Deadmau5 (Lol at the watermark)

This costume literally makes me want to get into his head. There's so much tech in there! 
If you're going to the concert too, then I hope you have a blast! I know it's going to be insane!