Sunday 13 November 2011

Soda Chronicles: Help! Someone is going to drink me!


(Rage Cartoon at the bottom)

“Hokey!” I shouted, “Can’t you do anything right?! I told you to use your cell phone while we were standing at the gas station, so it could blow up. But what does miss-oh-I-don’t-want-to-listen-to-Dragona’s-plans do? She buys a plastic phone because she doesn’t want her cell phone to get blasted.”
Hokey and I were standing outside a gas station. Once again, she had foiled my brilliant plans. “I swear you are becoming just like Mama; all this ‘save the world’ junk. Honestly, it’s as if you got the good genes,” I ranted again whilst stomping my feet on the ground and waving my arms in frustration. “Do it right or stay at home next time. Ok?”
I took a deep breath and snapped my fingers. Fire erupted from my hair and rushed to meet the dormant gas pumps, awakening them in a flash explosion. “See? That is how you get rid of a gas station.” Hokey looked at the fiery hell that was the gas station and nodded. I worry a lot about Hokey. She doesn’t seem to have the same need to cause chaos. I find that strange because we are twins. 

Work done for the day, I began our journey home. The sights on the way home were the same: aberrant aspics, beery beggars, cloned cavies, desultory desserts, edible elms, feisty fruit, ghetto gentleman, hoity-toity hookworms, incendiary ivory tusks, jugular jokers, kittenish knuckle-heads, lively lasses, messy messengers, Norwegian noodles, optimistic orangutans, peevish pewits, queen-sized quinches, rowdy ravers, sleazy sheriffs, trendy teachers, unconvincing ulcers, venerable vampires, wise waffles, youthful yogis and zany zebras. All were waiting in line for the vaccination for the latest disease, one that I had invented. I called it the Soda Turner Disease, S.T.D for short. The line for the vaccination stretched all the way around the world from what I could see. People or things seemed afraid of turning into soda. What’s the deal? It means we have more soda to drink. I just hope that a majority of them turn into grape soda. “Have you had your vaccination?” Hokey croaked.
“Why would I need it? I am DRAGONA, chaos creator; no S.T.D will touch me without consequences.” Hokey kept quiet.
A warm breeze ruffled the top of my afro and suddenly I felt very cold.
“It’s freezing!” I shouted while I started to run home. Goosebumps were rippling up and down my arms. Hokey shook her head and followed. She already knew what was to become of me.

I sprinted into bed and emptied one of Mama’s heat potions onto my head. “Hokey, what are you doing? Why are you getting in the cupboard?” My teeth were chattering so loudly they almost blocked out my words. Hokey ignored me and hopped into her spider cupboard.

This is the last thing I remember doing before I began to turn into a soda. Do you remember me? I’m Dragona the poisonous orange soda. You might remember me from my previous story: when I was turning into a soda. 

My demise is imminent. It has only been three minutes since I turned into a soda but I think Mama is getting thirsty. And Hokey, my dear twin sister, is twirling her hair around her fingers, in a way that suggests she is also thirsty. I might have a few nanoseconds or five hours left to live as a soda! Oh the agony! Where are my other memories? Why did the soda disease turn on its creator? Oh they are too many questions! 

MAMA IS REACHING FOR ME! 
HELP!