Friday 11 November 2011

Soda Chronicles: Help! I'm turning into a soda!


“Hokey! Hokey, where are you?” I wailed. 
My sister leaped out of the cupboard, trailing fine silk strands. She landed on my table with frog-like grace and began to brush the lightning white strands out of her dark teal hair. The mahogany table beneath her feet began to frost over, like breath on a mirror.
“Hokey!” I said rather irritated at her failure to come sooner. “Get off the table! You are freezing it again.”
She jumped off the table and looked at me with bulging puppy dog eyes. I was not going to fall for it this time. I was having an emergency. 

“My throat is burning, my eyes are watering, I’ve got a fever, my hair is growing and my feet are itching. I think I’m turning into you-know-what.”
“What?” she croaked.
“I think I’m turning into a soda!”
Hokey jumped around my bedroom. At first I thought she laughing but she was actually quite frantic.
“Call Mama!” I shouted.
Hokey disappeared through my doorway and came back with her.
“Hokey said you’re turning into a soda? Impossible!” Mama said quite hurriedly. She checked my symptoms and rushed about the room bringing all sorts of concoctions for me to drink. Her beehive light green hair sizzled to a bright vermillion colour. One could say she was getting more and more stressed.

“Look Mama! I’m shrinking!” I whimpered. Sure enough, my body was growing smaller.
“Oh, goodbye world. Mama, do you think I have terrorized this world enough to turn into grape soda? I’ve always wanted to become grape soda, if I had to become any sort of soda.”
“Don’t worry. I will save you! I’ll find the cure,” Mama said. She carried on shoving empty soda bottles off the table searching for any possible antidote.

“Mama, it’s too late. Dragona is gone.”

Sure as Hokey’s words, I lay there, my glass exterior glistening with a frosted sheen. I was orange soda instead of the grape I had hoped for. My label was “Dragona’s Poisonous Orange Soda.’’

At least I was poisonous.

No comments:

Post a Comment